Women undergo many musculoskeletal, physiological, and emotional changes during and after pregnancy. These changes can lead to neck pain, low back pain, pelvic pain, joint discomfort, and/or incontinence, creating a special need for therapeutic exercise and hand-on treatment. Teamworks has developed a program of gentle, safe manual therapy and exercise prescription to address and relieve these pregnancy-related changes. Our prenatal/postpartum exercise program starts with a comprehensive and thorough evaluation, after which an individualized treatment program will be developed by one of our trained practitioners.
This program may include:
- Postural awareness training that focuses on safe and proper body mechanics while caring for your newborn
- Flexibility and strength training to meet your specific musculoskeletal needs
- Treatment of orthopedic dysfunctions to alleviate any specific aches and pains related to your pregnancy or delivery
- Aerobic exercise for overall cardiovascular health and endurance, enabling you to keep up with the new demands of motherhood and regain your pre-pregnancy fitness level
- Bladder management techniques to address any incontinence and/or pelvic floor pain or weakness you may be experiencing