What’s happening to the body during pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a dynamic state – the body is changing rapidly and different areas of the body can become painful or uncomfortable. Women undergo many musculoskeletal, physiological, and emotional changes during and after pregnancy.
Common Complaints During Pregnancy
- Low back pain and Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Muscle pain and Achy joints, especially the hip and knees
- Shoulder and Neck Pain from Postural Dysfunction
- Swelling of the feet
What changes after delivery and as a New-Mom?
- Breastfeeding can lead to sitting in non-optimal positions for extended time
- Lifting and carrying a newborn – a newborn child may seem light but lifting 10-15lbs consistently throughout the day while juggling a baby-bag and everything else is an overuse injury waiting to happen
Common Complaints After Delivery and As a New-Mom
- Low back Pain and Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Shoulder and Neck Pain, as well as Headaches
What can Teamworks do to help you during pregnancy?
- Postural awareness training that focuses on safe and proper body mechanics
- Flexibility and strength training to meet your specific musculoskeletal needs
- Treatment of orthopedic dysfunctions to alleviate any specific aches and pains related to your pregnancy or delivery
- Aerobic exercise for overall cardiovascular health and endurance, enabling you to keep up with the new demands of motherhood and regain your pre-pregnancy fitness level
- Bladder management techniques to address any incontinence and/or pelvic floor pain or weakness you may be experiencing
OPTIMAL POSTURE FOR EXPECTING MOTHERS
Your Optimal Posture for Pregnancy